Tuesday

Banana Fanna Fo Fanna

I buy a lot of bananas. But for some mysterious reason, fruit always looks more appealing in the store. I bring it home, set it in a bowl, and leave it to die.












So, when I discovered a large quantity of close-to-rotting black bananas in my kitchen on Sunday, I knew I had to do something with them. I was feeling particularly lazy though, so instead of going to the store to buy ingredients, I decided to find a recipe that would match the contents of my cupboard. Epicurious.com proved very fruitful. This recipe is sticky and dense and banana-y. Highly recommended.












Banana Bread
Makes 2 loaves


8 VERY ripe bananas
1/4 Cup Yogurt (I used Vanilla)
1/2 cup melted butter
2 cups sugar (running out of everything so I used 1 cup golden brown, 1/2 cup cane, and 1/2 cup white)
3 cups flour

1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs, beaten
2 teaspoon baking soda



-Preheat oven to 350 F and grease you loaf pans
-Mash your bananas & yogurt
-Add everything else
-Mix well with a wooden spoon
-Bake for about 55 minutes

Adapted from Aunt Holly's Banana Bread - http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Aunt-Hollys-Banana-Bread-239027










  • 3 to 4 ripe bananas













  • 1/4 cup melted butter













  • 1 cup sugar













  • 1 1/2 cups flour













  • 1/4 teaspoon salt













  • 1 egg, beaten













  • 1 teaspoon baking soda














  • 3 to 4 ripe bananas













  • 1/4 cup melted butter













  • 1 cup sugar













  • 1 1/2 cups flour













  • 1/4 teaspoon salt













  • 1 egg, beaten













  • 1 teaspoon baking soda









  • No comments: